Sunday, October 20, 2013

Possible Cosplays?

I'm not going to lie. I'm not a cosplayer. The most I've done was dress up as a character from South Park one year and a character from Hey Arnold in high school. I hardly even know how to sew on a button. It's embarrassing.
I want to cosplay, it looks like so much fun. When I was at NYCC this month the cosplayers I saw were amazing. The work that goes into making the costumes is easy to tell. I want to do that.

I have a lot of characters I want to play... and I also want to dress up as a hobbit lass. I wouldn't mind having long curls and wearing a pretty dress. A lot of the inspiration for this comes from the first Hobbit Chronicles book. Specifically the blue one. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I really need to start researching and learning about sewing.
These hobbits aren't chubby enough if you ask me.

It's probably strange, but one of the characters I most want to cosplay is the matchmaker from Mulan. I'd have an ink goatee and everything.
As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I want to cosplay as Wan from The Legend of Korra. I don't know if you're a LoK fan but Wan is an AMAZING character. Still haven't decided if I want to cosplay as Wan or a female version of him.
I also want to cosplay as a Kyoshi warrior from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'd totally rock that makeup. Also Kyoshi warriors are pretty bad ass so that's a plus.
Old Bilbo is another cosplay dream. The version of Bilbo when he's in Rivendell.
Also a fem!Strider.
Okay, okay. And a lot of other LotR outfits. Like Eowyn's green dress, the outfit Arwen wears as the fellowship leaves Rivendell, Merry's armor, Frodo's outfit in the beginning of FotR, Grima's outfit (don't question me) and a bunch of others.

OH. And I want to cosplay as Tonks from Harry Potter. I want pink hair.

I should maybe learn to sew a button onto a shirt before taking on a cosplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment