Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition Scenes

The extended scenes from the first Hobbit movie have been going around on Tumblr this past week.
Caps I use are from here.

One of the scenes is from the Shire. Apparently it's from a celebration and this is young Bilbo with Belladonna and Gandalf is there setting off his fireworks.
Okay I'm sold on the baby Bilbo. He's adorable. And I would love to see Mama Baggins.



Another scene starts out with Lindir and Elrond walking and Lindir's face cracks me up. He's so worried, and Elrond. Oh my god, he's just so done. Then you see the dwarves hangin' out in a fountain fully nude. There is a scene in the book where the dwarves are bathing so... I guess this isn't totally out of canon.
Aww but think about it. This will be one of the only moments where the entire company is happy and carefree. You know, before people start dying and all that.
Thankful the camera doesn't go up close to the naked dwarf action.


There's another dwarf song and Bifur will get to have his solo. And I remember seeing a gif of Thorin playing an instrument while dancing! Okay he was only tapping his foot but still!


This part, oh lord. Thranduil I cannot take you seriously when it looks like your eyes are going to pop out of your sockets. What I've seen of this scene, Thranduil is shown a small chest of jewels and as he reaches for them the dwarf immediately closes it.
It would be nice to see more of Thranduil. And his love for shiny things.


 Okay the next scene I'm about to talk about is probably the most popular one. While the dwarves are in Rivendell eating, Kili is being a little flirtatious and winks at one of the elf musicians. When I first heard about this I was annoyed. But Kili! He just looks so innocent. He's young and they're pulling on my heartstrings. But this isn't even the best part.


After Kili sees Dwalin is staring him Kili says "I can't say I fancy elf maids myself, too thin. They're all high cheekbones and creamy skin. Not enough facial hair." Oh, Kili. Kili, Kili, Kili. Have you ever seen your facial hair?
And then when another elf musician walks over he says "Although that one there is not bad."


And Dwalin leans over and says "That's not an elf maid."


Then the dwarves all laugh at Kili and so on. I find it hard to believe that they never misgender other dwarves so it slightly annoys me that they laugh at Kili.
That elf man is pretty. Kili you have a good eye.

There are more scenes I didn't talk about.

I would have liked to see some of these in the theatrical instead of all the conflict we had to watch. I was thinking of getting the Extended Edition DVD once all three were out. But I want to see young Bilbo for myself with my own DVD. Hmm.

1 comment: