Friday, October 18, 2013

Legend of Korra: Beginnings (SPOILERS)


Let me start by saying that THAT WAS AN AMAZING episode. WOW. Beginnings was split into two parts and I saw the first at NYCC. I was blown away by part one. But the second part??? WOW. Wait, I said wow already.

Long story short, it centers around Wan (pictured above with Korra) and how he became the first Avatar.

The animation is different from the other episodes and it worked out perfectly. It really helped show that Wan's story happened a long time ago. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE MUSIC. Brilliant. Just brilliant. I need an official Legend of Korra soundtrack...and one for Avatar of course.

All the designs for the spirits!!! AhhhhHHHH.

The story line was interesting, the character development was great, I got emotionally attached to Wan straight away.

Seeing Wan doing the dragon dance made me think of Zuko, seeing Wan go into the Avatar state made me think of Aang, seeing him bend earth made me think of Toph... this episode brought back a lot of emotions.

So proud to see Wan bending all the elements. A tear or two may have been shed. Many tears. There were moments where I wanted to jump up and scream "HELL YEAH!!" Wan should have had his own full length film. I want to learn more about him. Didn't expect to see him die.

The last time I was this emotional for this world was when I saw The Siege of the North episodes in 2005.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.

AND KORRA GOT A FLYING BISON. THAT WAS NICE.

Love love love loved this episode. Best of the season. Best of the show. BESTBTBESTBTEST.
Okay I got it out of my system. Gotta find my Appa plushie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment