Friday, June 6, 2014

Tolkien Artist Fridays: Petitpotato

Welcome to week 2 of Tolkien Artist Fridays! Last week was dedicated to Gerwell and today I thought I'd talk about Natalia, also known as petitpotato. All of her art is amazing! Her work on the dwarves from The Hobbit may be my favorite, I always find myself staring at the hair not believing how she managed to draw all of those braids perfectly.


She also has a series where she drew certain Tolkien characters as they would look like as another race. An AWESOME idea! Below is Bombur, Bofur and Bifur. Here are the rest: Ori, Nori and Dori | Balin and Dwalin | Gloin, Oin and a mini Gimli (!!) | Fili and Kili | Thorin and Thranduil | Legolas and Gimli


One of my favorite pieces is this one of Thranduil, Galadriel and Elrond. Can you imagine all of the gossip they must have talked about?
You can see all of petitpotato's art via her Tumblr and Deviantart accounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment