Friday, June 13, 2014

Tolkien Artist Fridays: Liga-marta.

Whoa, I almost forgot that it was Friday, that was close! Anyway, this is now week three of my series "Tolkien Artist Fridays." For today I chose Līga Kļaviņa (liga-marta), I have admired her artwork for a few years now. She has artwork about a variety of subjects, but of course the ones that interest me the most center around Tolkien. The colors Līga uses aren't very bright, I would say they're subtle, and her use of watercolor and ink is an inspiration for me because I love working with ink.

This work on Eowyn I really like, especially all of those tiny folds and details in her dress.



There is not a lot of fanart of Celebrían, but whenever I see one I always feel sad. Her painting of this tragic character tugs at my heartstrings and makes me want to reach in and take her away from what she went through.


This one of Aredhel is a favorite of mine. All of those individual leaves! And that horse!! Love.


You can see more of Līga's work on her Society6Deviantart and Facebook accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment