Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Desolation of Smaug Trailer!

I have many thoughts.

Let's start from the beginning.


Okay, okay. Pretty architecture, okay. Good. Fine. Moving on.


I like what I'm seeing, very pretty.


Some regal Thranduil, of course. Beautiful.


Legolas action, because there always needs to be Legolas action. His eyes still creep me out.


"Legolas has grown very fond of you. Do not give him hope where there is none."

Okay. *deep breath* Thranduil. What do you mean? What kind of fond? A bro/friend kind of fond or a romantic/unrequited love fond? Because if it's romantic I don't know how I will handle that.
I was looking forward to seeing a female character with no romantic story line. It shouldn't make a women any less "strong", but I can't help feeling like they created her just to have a romance involved. Look at his face. It's strange to see Legolas look like that. It's so different. This part in the trailer wasn't exactly.... my favorite.

I have a feeling the fondness he feels is an admiring one.... holding onto this hope for dear life.


Okay, yup. Still pretty.


SPIDERS! YAY! I hope Bilbo gets to keep his moment in the movie. Hey Attercop! Hey Attercop! You can't catch anybody.


WOW. THAT IS NICE.


"What did you find?" "My courage." oh boy


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What is this??? Beorn. Beorn bear. Why are you chasing the company? I remember reading some spoilers a while ago, saying that Beorn is going to be chasing the company... I hope hoping that they weren't true. But. Apparently I was wrong.

I'm so upset about this! That part in the book when the company is slowly walking to Beorn's home in pairs is SUCH a good part. So good. One of my favorites. And now we just get more conflict.
I do not like this.


REALLY? Really... really??


Oh. Here we go. Time for Thorin to turn on the attitude.


Aaaaand finally... SMAUG. Okay, so I really didn't want to hear his voice. I wanted that to be the big surprise when I see it in theaters. But you know what? I like it! I like his voice, it reminds me of a fireplace. Just like the voice I hear while reading The Hobbit.


Yuuup. This was my basic reaction.
Don't LOVE the trailer. It is what it is.

And now we wait till December.

2 comments:

  1. concerning Beorn: My only hope is that the dwarves are not chased by Beorn but by Orcs and Beorn just chases these Orcs.

    ReplyDelete