Saturday, July 12, 2014

Catching up with Myla.

It has come to my attention that I have not updated my blog in over two weeks and I have missed Tolkien Artist Fridays three weeks in a row. I done messed up. What's my excuse? I don't really have one I'm just lazy, and it's summer which basically triples my laziness. But I have had a really annoying cold for over two weeks. Being sick during the summer? Nopenopenope no thank you. So what have I been doing these past three weeks?


I finished my summer course and passed with a B- OOOOOOOOHHH. It was a science class so a B- is like an A+ to me.... I suck at science. I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 twice and saw Jersey Boys, though I would have rather seen HTTYD2 for a third time. Finished figuring out my class schedule for the fall and I'm pretty excited about it, I'll be taking four studio courses and a writing intensive one so my time will be preeeettttyyyy packed by the time late August comes around. Don't know how but I will survive. I got a new Moleskine sketchbook and made an effort to draw more, even if it's just dumb doodles and sketches. I wrote FIVE articles for Middle-earth News, a big accomplishment because for a while I was writing one every month or so. My last article was a tutorial for making hobbit door cards like the ones shown below. I forgot how fun paper craft was!

I think this happened before I went on my spontaneous hiatus, but I now have a website: mylamalinalda.com

That's about it. As for the rest of the summer, I'm hoping on completing a graphic series for Middle-earth News, keep writing articles, do summer things like going to the beach and riding roller coasters, draw some more, and make cards for friends. And I've been asked to make an updated video on my Tolkien collection (the last one I made was more than a year and half ago), so I will try to work on that.

I'll try to get back on track this week and now I leave you with this.


1 comment:

  1. :) Much appreciated. Thanks for the update.
    I took my six year old son to England two weeks ago. The highlight of his visit was seeing How To Train Your Dragon 2. He really loved it. Partly because he was seeing it like two months before either of his brothers. But also just because. I have to say that, while I could appreciate the visuals were really something, I found it a bit tedious, certainly not on the level of the first movie in terms of dramatic tension.
    Will check out your blog.
    s

    ReplyDelete