Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tolkien-Inspired Questionnaire

I saw this post on tumblr and decided to make it into a blog post. This is a LONG post, just a warning.

Frodo: What is your deepest wound, and do you still hurt from it?
My deepest wound happened to me during my senior year in high school. Everything turned out okay in the end but, yes, I still do.

Bilbo: When did taking a chance improve your life?
When I said yes to doing an episode of Warriors of the Westfold last year. I've never been on a live web show before but I thought "What the hell, it could be fun" and because I did this I became a reporter for Middle-earth News.

Samwise: Have you ever done something for a friend that you would never have done on your own?
Hmmmm. I'm upset that I can't think of anything.

Merry: Who would you swear loyalty to, or to whom have you already done so?
I haven't sworn loyalty to anyone and I don't know if I want to. Too much pressure!


Pippin: Tell me about when you did something that no one thought you could do.
I don't know about something no one thought I would do, but a couple years ago I traveled to the US from the Philippines by myself. People who know me know that I don't do a lot of things. I'm pretty introverted and enjoy staying in my I thought I would be terrified the entire time, but it went fine. There was nothing to be afraid of.

Aragorn: What is your heritage? Do you embrace or reject it?
Well my dad is Italian and my mom is from the Philippines. I would say that I look Filipino... not so much of Italian. I think I embrace my Filipino culture to a point. I only knew a few words in Tagalog! I'm the only one who doesn't at least understand it, I wish my mom taught me as a kid. I suppose I could still learn it.
Half of my family is Filipino and the other half is mostly Jamaican because my grandfather re-married years ago. Because of this I don't really know my Italian relatives and the ones I do know are my dad's aunts and uncles who we don't keep in touch with.

Boromir: Did your father leave an impact on your life?
He brought me to watch FOTR when I was eight so YES! He's the reason I started being a Tolkien fan.

Gimli: Have you ever had an opinion about someone that turned out to be completely wrong?
Ohoho yes. I've made some completely wrong assumptions about people. Good and bad.

Legolas: What has been your most unlikely friendship, and did it last?
I don't think I've had one, or do have one.

Gandalf: Has your public appearance and ever changed radically?
No. Well as a kid I was extrememly skinny and I'm definitely not thin now so maybe that counts haha.

Elrond: Do you have overprotective relatives, or do you fill that role?
Not really. And I don't think I do.

Arwen: Did you ever make a decision your family didn't agree with?
Nope. If I did it must not have been that big.

Elladan: Have you ever failed to help someone you cared about?
Yes.

Elrohir: Do you have siblings?
Nope.

Galadriel: Would you consider yourself wise?
I would say yes but I'd be lying.

Celeborn: Are you content with being the less-popular one in a relationship?
Yeah. Popularity isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Celebrían: Have you ever done something that took a turn for the worse that you weren't prepared for?
Once when I was younger I rode a bike down a hill and for some reason forgot how to use the brakes (I don't know why don't ask) and crashed into a big rock.

Haldir: Has your popularity ever changed unexpectedly because of something minor?
I made over 40 (dumb) LOTR valentines a couple years ago and they went viral. It was horrible.

Éomer: What are the things you consider to be worth fighting the system for?
Equality. Our basic rights. Things like that.

Éowyn: Have you ever overcome prejudice in a significant way?
I don't think so.

Théoden: When have you been wrong but refused to see it?
I can't think of a moment but I can assure you I have done this many many many (many) times.

Gríma Wormtongue: Do you sometimes make bad choices for selfish reasons?
Oh yes.

Saruman: Do you want power?
Sounds nice. I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Sauron: What is your greatest weakness?
Crying hobbits.

Melkor: Has greed or the desire for material goods ever backfired on you?
Years ago during my scrapbooking phase I bought a lot of different kinds of ribbons and now I have a box filled with just ribbons and I don't know what to do with them.

Ungoliant: Are you proud of your children or younger relatives?
I don't have any children and I don't really know my younger relatives. I have a lot of younger cousins but I am only near one. And he's cool.

Shelob: Are you afraid of the dark?
Naaaah. Well I like it to be completely dark when I'm going to sleep. Seems more comforting.

Finwë: Do you come from a prestigious family line?
No.

Fëanor: Does desire tend to blind you to the consequences of your actions?
I have a bad habit of concentrating on unimportant stuff which leads me to forget about the important ones.

Nerdanel: Have you ever ended a relationship because your partner was doing something you didn't agree with and you couldn't stop them?
No.

Maedhros: What is the greatest thing you have ever lost?
I once lost my iPod. It was very traumatic.

Maglor: Do you believe in redemption?
I suppose so.

Celegorm: Have you ever had a pet that impacted your life greatly?
I think all of my pets have impacted my life greatly. Maybe my cat Bushy. (I named her when I was in 4th or 5th grade don't judge).
Caranthir: Do you have a temper, and has it ever gotten you into trouble?
Yes I do and it has. I yelled at these group of girls in middle school once. I don't even remember what it was about.

Curufin: What have you inherited from your family lineage?
Umm. I don't know. Nothing really.

Amrod: Do you have a friend or sibling that you have a special bond with?
I would say I do. I think my best friend is an amazing and beautiful person.

Amras: Has your family ever done something that ended up hurting you?
Ohhh yes. But I won't get into it.

Beren: Will you do anything for love?
Probably not.

Lúthien: Do societal norms exist to be broken?
I don't know about that but there's nothing wrong with breaking the norm.

Thingol: If you believe in luck, do you think you've had good or bad?
I don't. Well it's something I hardly think about. I think I've had pretty good luck overall, with some bad sprinkled in.

Melian: Have you ever had a significant other that was of a lower social class than you?
No.

Eöl: Did you ever have a goth phase?
No.

Aredhel: Is listening to other people something that is important to you?
Listening is a good thing. Doesn't mean I have to do what they say.

Glorfindel: Have you ever taken on a challenge others have deemed impossible and won?
Nothing comes to mind.

Thror: Do you value wealth?
I guess. Well. I don't know. As long as I have enough to be comfortableI'm good. Does that make sense?

Thráin: Do you consider yourself a selfish person?
I think I am sometimes. So sometimes yes.

Thorin: What have you lost that you wish to regain?
Motivation.

Balin: Are you older or younger than most of your friends?
It goes both ways. I have friends younger than me and friends who are older. Aaand friends who are the same age.

Dwalin: Do you have any hobbies?
I like to draw and work with paper, collect Tolkien books and Broadway playbills, blogging, make gifs... do these count?

Fili: Do you have a good smile?
I hope I do.
I'm a little weary of showing my teeth when I smile because in first grade I chipped one of my front teeth. They're pretty even now but not quite all the way.

Kili: Have you ever suddenly been considered attractive where before you were just sort of there?
Haha. Haha aha ah ahaa. Ha.

Dori: Are you a musician?
I took piano lessons for years as a kid and played the flute in elementary school. So no.

Nori: Is it common for you to notice things others have forgotten or missed?
I'm really good with remembering faces so I would say yes.

Ori: Do you write or speak multiple languages fluently?
No. I wish.

Óin: Would you consider yourself a superstitious person?
Ehhhhhhh no.

Glóin: Are you skilled at something most would consider unusual or esoteric nowadays?
I don't think so.

Bifur: What is your most interesting injury, and how did it happen?
I'm pretty boring and haven't had much injuries.
OH. Well when I was really young I was playing on top of a table and fell. My nanny accidentally scratched my stomach as she was catching me. I remember lifting up my shirt when guests came over and showing off the marks thinking they were cool battle scars or something.

Bofur: Do you consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist?
Pessimist probably.

Bombur: What is your relationship with food?
We're engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment