Friday, July 18, 2014

Tolkien Artist Fridays: s-u-w-i

WHOA, I did not realize it was Friday. Okay I did because Fridays mean new episodes of The Legend of Korra bUT I forgot about Tolkien Artist Fridays. It's a little after 10 pm, it's okay I can do this. Just in time... MOVING ON. Welcome to another week of Tolkien Artist Fridays, this week I want to talk about s-u-w-i's work. Her style is really cute and honestly her work is so fun to look at. I wish I could own a copy of The Hobbit that was illustrated by her.

This was the first drawing I saw by her and I couldn't stop smiling when I saw Bilbo, look at those rosy cheeks!



She also has some great watercolor paintings, like this one of Boromir. I can only dream of being able to control watercolors like that.

Some of her work has this wonderfully "folky" kind of feel to it like this illustration of Smaug. Look at all of those SWIRLS. If there's one thing you should know about me it's that I love swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment