Friday, July 25, 2014

Book Haul: July 25, 2014

Went to a bunch of second hand shops with my dad today and got six books! There wasn't much in term of Tolkien, but I'm pretty happy with this haul.

First up is this big book about textiles from Africa, I was really happy when I found this! I have books about textiles from Japan, Egypt and Morocco...I love patterns and designs. I like to use those books as inspiration for my own work. Also there is some great information about how fabrics and designs were created.
One of the places I went to had a small section that was nothing but fantasy art books, made me wonder if they were all donated by the same person. I usually never see things like this at the places I go to. I got Spectrum 6 and The Future of Fantasy Art, these are suuuuch cool books. They're about contemporary artwork in the fantasy world, and about modern artists. Pages and pages filled with beautiful illustrations from a-m-a-z-i-n-g artists.
These are my last three purchases, Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games series, The Hobbit, and The Dragonbone Chair. I actually used to own all books from the Hunger Games, but almost two years ago I lent them to my cousin because she insisted he wanted to read them. Well it's been a while and I still haven't gotten them back. I'm convinced she lost them, my mistake I shouldn't have let her take them. Decided to just buy them all over again, and for about $1 why not? I just need to find The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.
I got that copy of The Hobbit because it's in better condition than the one I have.
And the last one is the first book in the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series, The Dragonbone Chair. A guy I was talking to really recommended it, and my dad was telling my he really enjoyed reading the series. I'll try to get around to reading it this summer (hopefully).


No comments:

Post a Comment