Sunday, August 25, 2013

I can show you the wooooorld.

I never considered myself someone who enjoys traveling. The long plane rides, being away from home, expensive shopping and all that. And I'm a huge complainer, especially when I was younger. My mom had to force me to travel with her. Can you imagine? I didn't want to go to places like Paris, and Peru and Mexico. I considered that a form of punishment, to have to leave my home and be in a place I wasn't familiar with. My mom even had to pay me to take my photo. It was never over like twenty-five cents, but still. Looking back I can't believe how stubborn I was.

I do enjoy traveling a little more now, but I still hate plane rides. Especially plane rides to the Philippines, which takes over 20 hours to get there. *shudders at the thought*


At 20 years old, I like to think I've been to a lot of places. And when I tell people where I've been I feel like I'm being an annoying boaster, but the only reason I travel is because my mom works another job just so she can afford trips. Traveling is my mom's thing, like Tolkien is mine. She even needed to get more pages in her passport because there wasn't any room left for stamps.

I've traveled to:

  • Philippines
  • Canada
  • Italy
  • France
  • Switzerland
  • Mexico
  • Thailand
  • Peru
  • Hong Kong
  • Morocco
I don't think I'm forgetting any places, hmm.

I would say my favorite places are:

Machu Picchu (Peru)


Morocco


Coron, Palawan (Philippines)


As for places I want to one day visit?
  • New Zealand (of course. I have to go on the LOTR tour!)
  • Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
  • Brazil
  • Hawaii
  • Scotland
  • Ireland
  • Greece
  • Russia
  • Germany
  • China
  • Japan
  • Senegal
  • Egypt
  • Australia
  • London
  • Puerto Rico
  • Bahamas
  • Jamaica
  • and pretty much everywhere. I'd like to go everywhere. Ha. If only.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, let me try to remember haha. It was about 5 years ago. My mom and I went to: Venice, Rome, Milan, Naples, Bologna, and I think also Florence. I think there was another city but I can't quite remember. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been to a lot of cool places. I agree with you on the travelling bit, though - no matter what method of travel I take, my migraines usually prevent me from being able to tolerate long journeys well.

    ReplyDelete